So you’re looking for a new career path – how about trying events and entertainment?
There are a huge range of different types of jobs out there, whether you’re a student looking for some part-time work alongside your studies or a high level manager looking for a change of field.
One of the great things about working in event and entertainment is that you can find a job working in something that really interests you like festivals, conferences, theatre, really anything you can think of.
The events and entertainment industry is booming at the moment with an 11% increase of all new jobs year on year being related to this area of work.
We have seen a continuous upward trend in this sector and it is projected that the industry will keep growing. This means more job opportunities for you and a sense of security for the future of your career.
Some examples of the jobs available are:
- Front of house
- Bar staff/waiters
- Event planners
- Venue Management
- Talent agent
Top tips to land a job in events:
- Sign up to a specialist agency – these are the people who have access to the jobs you want!
- Approach a company you want to work for – be direct and send your CV off to your dream employers.
- Volunteer your time – although not paid work, volunteering looks great on your CV and give you experience in your new line of work.
- Networking – next time you’re at a concert or conference why not have a chat to the people in charge and ask if they’re hiring?
- Apprenticeships – get paid while you learn your dream job.
Here are some areas in events which are currently popular and so may have vacancies. Have a look and see if they might be right for your change of career!
Do you have any top tips for finding a job in events? Let us know! We love to hear your career success stories, so write to us and tell us how you got your new job!